Cherry Swirl Coffee Cake
I enjoy bringing this to work! The surprise on my co-workers faces as they smell the aroma in the air... the almond extract and cherry and of course it is still warm when they eat it puts a smile on my face and in my heart!
4 coriginal bisquick mix
1/4 cbutter, melted
1 tspalmond extract ( i use 1/2 teasp. more)
1 can(s)(21 oz.) cherry pie filling
1 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Cherry Swirl Coffee Cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 1 (15x10x1 inch) pan or 2 (9-inch) square pans with shortening or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir all coffee cake ingredients except the pie filling; beat vigorously with spoon for 30 seconds.
- Spread about 2 1/2 cups of the batter in the prepared 15x10 pan or 1 1/4 cups in the 9 inch-pan . Spread pie filling over batter ( filling may not cover batter completely).
Note: I have made this in a "larger" 9x13 pan, it is an old pan and works well but it takes a bit longer to bake, but is soooo good! Of course you can cut it into as many servings as you wish...
- Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls onto pie filling.
- Bake 2o to 25 minutes or until light brown. Test with a toothpick.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or cool.