Cherry Marshmallow Cheesecake Squares
2/3 cbrown sugar
1 cvery fine crushed walnuts
2/3 cbutter, melted
1 jar(s)marshmallow cream or 30 marshmallows
2 pkgcream cheese 8 oz.
12 ozpackage of cool whip
1 jar(s)maraschino cherries with 1/4 cup of juice
How to Make Cherry Marshmallow Cheesecake Squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and nuts together. Add melted butter and stir or mix until light and crumbly.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cup for topping. Press the remainder into a 8x11 or a comparable size pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Chop marachino cherries into small pieces and set aside.
- Add the milk and soften the marshmallow cream in the microwave or if you are using marshmallows melt them with the milk. Beat the cream cheese and add the marshmallow mixture. Fold in the cherries and juice and Cool Whip after the mixture has cooled a little.
- Pour into the crust and sprinkle the remaining nutty crust mixture on top of the filling. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.