Cherry Chocolate Cake (Diabetic)
One piece equals 187 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
- 1 pkg
- (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix (i use sugar free)
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp
- almond extract (i use vanilla)
- 2 can(s)
- (20 ounces each) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling, divided (i use sugar free)
- 3/4 tsp
- confectioners' sugar (optional)(i'm going to try it with splenda next time)
How to Make Cherry Chocolate Cake (Diabetic)
- 1In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and almond extract until well blended. Stir in one can of pie filling until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Top individual servings with remaining pie filling.
Yield: 18 servings.