My husband asked for a special Valentine's day dessert and this is the combination I came up with.
- 1 pkg
- pillsbury traditional cake mix
- 1/2 c
- boiling water
- 1 pkg
- small box strawberry gelatin
- 1 1/2 c
- blush champagne, open a few hours in advance to flatten bubbles
- (4oz.) bars white chocolate baking bars
- 1/3 c
- heavy cream
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 6 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/4 c
- godiva white chocolate liquor
How to Make Champagne Kisses
- 1Prepare batter and bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 mins.
- 2Cut off crown of cupcake with bread knife and pierce tops with fork.
- 3Stir boiling water into gelatin mix until dissolved and add champagne carefully and stir. Spoon over cupcakes. Refrigerate 2-3hrs. Remove from pan.
- 4FROSTING: Break white chocolate baking bars into pieces. Melt white chocolate and cream in microwave-safe bowl at medium (50%power)1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30 second intervals (Do not overheat). Let cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- 5Beat butter and 1 cup powdered sugar at low speed until blended. Add 5 cups powdered sugar alternately with white chocolate liquor, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Add white chocolate mixture and a little red gel food coloring; beat at medium speed until spread consistency.
- 6Frost and decorate as desired. Return to fridge until ready to serve.