My husband asked for a special Valentine's day dessert and this is the combination I came up with.
1 pkgpillsbury traditional cake mix
1/2 cboiling water
1 pkgsmall box strawberry gelatin
1 1/2 cblush champagne, open a few hours in advance to flatten bubbles
2(4oz.) bars white chocolate baking bars
1/3 cheavy cream
1 cbutter, softened
6 cpowdered sugar
1/4 cgodiva white chocolate liquor
How to Make Champagne Kisses
- Prepare batter and bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 mins.
- Cut off crown of cupcake with bread knife and pierce tops with fork.
- Stir boiling water into gelatin mix until dissolved and add champagne carefully and stir. Spoon over cupcakes. Refrigerate 2-3hrs. Remove from pan.
- FROSTING: Break white chocolate baking bars into pieces. Melt white chocolate and cream in microwave-safe bowl at medium (50%power)1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30 second intervals (Do not overheat). Let cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- Beat butter and 1 cup powdered sugar at low speed until blended. Add 5 cups powdered sugar alternately with white chocolate liquor, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Add white chocolate mixture and a little red gel food coloring; beat at medium speed until spread consistency.
- Frost and decorate as desired. Return to fridge until ready to serve.