- duncan hines butter recipe golden cake mix
- smuckers caramel topping (found with ice cream toppings)
- stick butter
- 3 oz
- cream cheese
- vanilla bean (1 t. vanilla extract may be substituted)
- 2-3 Tbsp
- 4 c
- powdered sugar
How to Make Caramel-filled Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Frosting
- 1Line cupcake pans with paper liners and spray with cooking spray. Make cupcakes according to package directions for cake mix.
- 2Remove from oven and cool for about 10 min. Then using a melon-baller, scoop out the top of each cupcake (reserving the tops), and fill with about a teaspoon of the caramel topping. Replace the tops you had scooped out and press slightly back into place.
- 3Make Frosting:
Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Split the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds; add to butter (if using extract, add instead). Then add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, alternating with a tablespoon of the cream. Mix until creamy consistency. Add to piping bag and frost cupcakes or frost smoothly with a spatula. Drizzle tops with more caramel, if desired.