1 boxyellow cake mix
1 jar(s)sanders classic caramel dessert topping, 10 oz.
2 stickunsalted butter, softened
4 ozcream cheese
1/2 csanders classic caramel dessert topping
4 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Caramel Cake
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Mix and bake cake according to package directions. Let cool for a couple of minutes, then poke holes all over the cake.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the caramel dessert topping for frosting. Once cake is completely cool, pour and spread remaining jar of caramel topping over entire cake, making sure to get some in each of the holes.
- While cake is cooling, you can prepare the frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy.
- Add in cream cheese, reserved 1/2 cup of caramel topping and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar, beating until all is incorporated and smooth.
- Once cake is completely cooled and caramel topping has covered and seeped into the holes, you are ready to frost the cake. Frosting makes a big batch, so you will more than likely have some leftover. You can freeze what you don't use or make additional cupcakes for leftover frosting. You can even poke holes in your cupcakes and frost for mini versions of this cake. I would purchase another jar of topping for the cupcakes since you want to make sure the cake has lots of caramel in it.
- Slice and enjoy!