Caramel - Almond Poke Cake
- 2 box
- betty crocker pound cake mix
- 1 1/3 c
- water or milk
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine, softened
- 2 c
- whipping cream
- 1 c
- packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine
- 1 tsp
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c
- unblanched whole almonds, coarsely chopped, toasted
- 1/3 c
- betty crocker, rich and creamy vanilla frosting
How to Make Caramel - Almond Poke Cake
- 1Heat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13- inch pan with shortening.
Make cake mix as directed on box, using water 1/2 cup butter and the eggs.
Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes.
- 2In 2-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream, brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter,
Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered about 15 minutes,stirring frequently, until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly
- 3Poke warm cake every inch with the handle of wooden spoon. Slowly pour condensed milk over cake. Let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake, about 5 minutes. Slowly drizzle with most of caramel sauce, pressing slightly into holes.
Sprinkle with almonds. Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce. Cool completely.
In small microwavable bowl, microwave frosting on High 10 to 15 seconds. Drizzle over cake. Cut into 6 rows by three rows.
- 4I would probably make my own frosting for this..but sounds really good..