Cake Mix Italian Cream Cake
It needs to be made a day ahead of time and refrigerated. I made it the same day it was to be eaten, and it was good then. But, after being in the fridge overnight, it was sooooo much better.
~~ U may try changing the recipe a bit on the 1 1/2 cup water for ~~ 3/4 cup heavy cream and 3/4 cup water. And Toasting the pecans
1 boxwhite cake mix
1 boxinstant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cwater
1/2 ccanola oil
1 cchopped pecans
2 ccoconut, flaked sweetened
6 ozcream cheese
2 Tbspcream of tartar
2 1/2 csifted confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 cflaked coconut
How to Make Cake Mix Italian Cream Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixer bowl add the cake mix, vanilla pudding, water, eggs and oil.
- With electric mixer, beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Fold in the chopped nuts and coconut.
- Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lightly
greased and floured.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted off center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium sized mixer bowl, blend the butter and cream cheese.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and enough cream to make it a smooth spreading consistency.
- Frost cake with frosting and sprinkle with coconut.