Butterscotch Pumpkin Monkey Bread from Scratch
Enjoy the smell while it bakes in the oven, but I can't guarantee the neighbors won't stop by!
- 5 c
- 1/2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- 1 c
- hot water
- 1/3 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- dry active yeast
- butterscotch pumpkin sauce (see recipe)
RISING AGENT FOR DOUGH
How to Make Butterscotch Pumpkin Monkey Bread from Scratch
- 2In a small Pyrex bowl, add boiling water and sugar. Stir until sugar is totally dissolved. Then allow to cool to warm.
- 3Then add yeast, stir until there are no clumps. Let sit for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- 4In a pot, scald milk. Then turn off heat and stir in shortening. Allow to cool to room temperature. Set aside.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients, and finally rising agents. Dump out on a floured surface.
- 6Knead dough for about 5 minutes adding as much as a cup or two of flour, until you can pass the thumb test. (Dough bounces back after you press with thumb.)
- 7On a greased cookie sheet, make dough into balls. Place on cookie sheet and allow to rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 8Then in a greased Bundt pan or deep Pyrex dish, optionally sprinkle chopped pecans. Then put down one layer of dough balls. Scoop one ladle of Butterscotch Pumpkin Sauce and spread around. Then continue to layer dough to sauce.
- 9Cover with either plastic wrap or a Pyrex lid. Place in refrigerator for 2-6 hours.