Here are some of my favorite addins:
Coffee Brownies: Mix 2 tbsp espresso powder with flour.
Malted Toffee Brownies: Stir in 1 cup toffee bits and 1/4 cup malted milk powder. Add toffee bits to the top of the brownies before baking.
Honey Nut Brownies: Use 1/2 honey instead of brown sugar and use 1 full cup of sugar. Add roasted mixed nuts.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 ozbittersweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cbrown sugar
How to Make Buttermilk Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with foil, draping foil over edges. Mist with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Remove pan from heat and stir in chocolate until melted and smooth. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugars, eggs, vanilla and salt until smooth and pale, about 30 seconds. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture and buttermilk. Stir in flour until just combined, then pour batter into baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into brownies comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Transfer pan to a rack and let cool completely. Lift brownies out of pan, remove foil and cut into 12 pieces. Wrap brownies in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- For these six variations, bake until a toothpick inserted into brownies comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.