Butterfinger Caramel Chocolate Cake
- 18.25 oz box of devil's food cake mix, baked according to package directions
- 15 oz. jar caramel sauce
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. container of cool whip
- 2.1 oz. butterfinger bars, crushed
How to Make Butterfinger Caramel Chocolate Cake
- 1Prepare cake according to package directions in a 13x9-inch pan that has been greased and lined with (buttered) parchment paper.
- 2While cake is baking, whisk together the caramel sauce and the sweetened condensed milk. Set aside.
- 3As soon as cake is done, remove it from the oven and liberally prick with a fork.
- 4Slowly pour the caramel/milk mixture over the hot cake. You may continue to prick the cake with the fork to encourage further absorption of the caramel sauce.
- 5Cover cake with plastic wrap (stick toothpicks in the cake to keep the plastic wrap from sticking to the cake). Refrigerate for two hours.
- 6Spread the Cool Whip over cake. Sprinkle the crushed Butterfingers over the Cool Whip.