Buckingham Palace Shortbread
- 2 c
- cake flour
- 3/4 c
- corn starch, plus 1 tbl (3/4 and 1 tbl total)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- butter, unsalted
- 1/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- superfine (baker's) sugar for sprinkling
How to Make Buckingham Palace Shortbread
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch and salt until well blended.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or leave ungreased.
- 6Slip the parchment paper with the shortbread onto a hard surface. Immediately sprinkle the shortbread heavily with the superfine sugar. While still warm, use the spatula (or other straight, flat tool) and a paring knife, pointed straight down, to cut the shortbread into 1 - 1 1/2 inch pieces. Let cool completely. The shortbread tastes best at room temperature.