Brownie Carmel Cheesecake
1(9 ounce) package brownie mix
1 Tbspcold water
1(14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
1(5 ounce) can evaporated milk
2(8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cwhite sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cchocolate fudge topping
How to Make Brownie Carmel Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease the bottom of a 9 inch pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brownie mix, 1 egg and water. Spread into the greased pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk over low heat in a heavy saucepan. Stir often, and heat until mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of this caramel mixture, and pour the remainder over the warm, baked brownie crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Pour cream cheese mixture over caramel mixture.
- Bake cheesecake for 40 minutes. Chill in pan.
- When cake is thoroughly chilled, loosen by running a knife around the edge, and then remove the rim of the pan.
- Heat reserved caramel mixture, and spoon over cheesecake. Drizzle with the chocolate topping.