Bouillie Cake (Boo-ee Cake)
How to Make Bouillie Cake (Boo-ee Cake)
- Heat Oven to 350 and grease 9x13 pan. You will need another bowl for left over custard.
- In a large pot on medium low heat melt butter, add your milk and water. As that is melting, mix butter cake batter as directed on box and pour into cake pan.
- Mix sugar, eggs and cornstarch and set to the side. When butter is completely melted add your egg mixture and whisk until pudding like consistency, making sure to stir bottom of pot. DO NOT BOIL, the custard will burn very easily. Turn off heat stir in vanilla. Remove from heat.
- Ladle booyee over cake batter evenly to cover do not overfill cake pan. You will have a good bit left over. Bake cake as directed.(I like my cake a little gooey so I do not bake quite as long as directed. Taking it out 2 or 3 minutes before done)
- After cake is removed from oven and cooled for about 20 Minutes cut into squares, place on plate then ladle one booyea-custard over baked cake.
This cake is a little labor intensive but well worth it. Refrigerate leftovers, if you have any.