Blueberry Lemon Delight
- 1 box
- duncan hines simple morning blueberry streusel (muffin mix)
- 1 can(s)
- comstock lemon pie filling
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- whipped cream, sweetened (optional)
- sparkling white sugar or powdered sugar (optional)
- 8" or 9" spring form pan
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Delight
- 1Prepare muffin mix in a bowl as directed on package. Drain and add the canned (included) blueberries. Prepare a 8" or 9" spring form pan with cooking spray. Pour cake mixture into the pan and sprinkle on the streusel topping that came with the mix. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool.
- 2Mix the 1/4 cup powdered sugar with the lemon pie filling. Remove the sides of the spring form pan. Slice cake through the middle using a serrated knife. Carefully remove top of cake (using spatulas) to wax paper. Spread lemon filling* on top of the bottom half of cake. Slide top half back unto the cake covering the filling. Slice and serve.
- 3Options: Serve with whipped cream.
*I used approximately 3/4 can of pie filling. Save the remainder for another use or spread on top in the center of cake.
**Lower Fat Recipe
No Cholesterol Recipe: Prepare mixture following directions above, except using 1/2 cup egg substitute, 1/3 cup oil and 2/3 cup water.