Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
**This picture is from a JAP member Linda Stevenson**
- 2 1/4 c
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 6 Tbsp
- butter ; cut up
- 1 1/2 c
- blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 13 oz
- cream cheese cut into 12 cubes
How to Make Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Sift or stir together 2 cups of the flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Cut in butter with pastry cutter, Mix the berries with the remaining 1/4 cup of flour and fold in berries and set aside.
- 3Whisk together egg and milk and add to dry mixture.
- 4Put in muffin cups or greased muffin tin.
- 5Roll cheese cubes in remaining sugar and press into top of each muffin. Sprinkle each muffin lightly with sugar and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.