Blueberry Cheesecake w/Madagascar Vanilla
- 2 c
- graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp
- sugar (this is for the crust)
- 4 pkg
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- madagascar vanilla bean
- 3 large
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 can(s)
- blueberry pie filling (or whatever berries you like)
How to Make Blueberry Cheesecake w/Madagascar Vanilla
- 1Turn oven on to 325 degrees. In small bowl toss together graham crumbs, butter and 2 Tbsp. of sugar. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of mixture for garnish. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and 2 1/2 inches up sides of 9-inch springform pan. Chill in freezer while preparing filling.
- 2In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add 1 1/3 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp cornstarch and take the Madagascar vanilla bean slice it open and scrap out the seeds and place them into the batter as well.
- 3Mix together for a minute or so. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until just combined and then add the next egg. Stir in the sour cream with a large spoon.
- 4Now, take crust out of freezer and pour in the better. Take tinfoil and wrap the bottom of your springform pan tightly. I used two pieces of tinfoil. Make sure it wraps up the side, so water doesn't get into the pan. Then, get a large dish (I used a glass one) and fill half way with water and then place the springform pan into the water. Now bake the cheesecake.
- 5Most recipes say about 1 1/4 hours for cheesecake but I have found that it is too long. I like to bake my cheesecake for 50 minutes to an hour. Bake till center is almost set. As soon as it comes out remove from water and take the tinfoil off. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen side of springform pan and continue cooling on rack for 40 minutes.