Blueberries and Cream Angel Food Cake
- 1 dozen egg whites
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 1/2 t cream of tartar
- 1 c cake flour
- 1 t almond extract (optional..you can also add other flavors. i have made this using anise flavor when not adding the fruit and it is delish!!)
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 1 large container of cool whip
How to Make Blueberries and Cream Angel Food Cake
- 1Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- 2Beat egg whites in bowl until light and foamy looking. Add salt and cream of tartar and continue beating until soft peaks are formed.
- 3Add vanilla and almond (or other flavoring) Gradually add the sugar and beat until the batter is stiff.
- 4Sift the flour over the egg white mixture and fold it in gently.
Pour into tube pan or two 8x8 non stick pans. Bake tube pan for 50 to 60 min. or 8x8 pans for 30 to 40 min. Cake time varies depending on oven and pans. check frequently. cake is done when toothpick or straw inserted in center comes out clean. top of cake will be golden. Remove from oven and cool completely. To cool invert 8x8 cakes on wire rack or invert tube pan onto the cap of a 2 liter coke bottle and allow to cool while hanging upside down.