BLACK PEPPER POUND CAKE with CREAMY ALMOND Glaze
Rose Mary Mogan
I served this but did not tell my guest that there was black pepper in the cake, and no one even noticed, until I mentioned it. I got this recipe from a friend of mine in Iowa, this recipe for the cake is also one of many in my cookbook. The glaze is something I added to give a more dramatic presentation to the cake, and the recipe for the glaze is from my recipe collection.
1 cbutter softened
3 cgranulated sugar
3 tspcoarsely ground black pepper(1 tablespoon)
2 tsplemon extract
6 largeeggs, room temperature
3 call purpose flour
1 cheavy whipping cream
CREAMY ALMOND BUTTER GLAZE
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
2 tspalmond extrct
1/2 stickbutter, softened
How to Make BLACK PEPPER POUND CAKE with CREAMY ALMOND Glaze
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 325 DEGREES F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add black pepper, and extract and beat again.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add flour alternately with whipping cream. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased & floured 10 inch tube pan.
Bake at 325 degrees for 70 to 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar if desired, or add glaze as I have done.
- CREAMY ALMOND BUTTER GLAZE: Mix all glaze ingredients together in small microvable bowl, then microwave 1 minute till butter melts. Remove and stir till thouroughly mixed. Drizzle glaze over cake, and along sides and let it drizzle down.
- NOTE: This glaze is also good on cinnamon rolls.
You can add chopped or sliced almonds to top of cake if desired.