Black Magic Cake
1 3/4 call purpose flour
3/4 cunsweetened cocoa powder
2 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1 cstrong black coffee
1 cbuttermilk or sour milk
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Black Magic Cake
- Butter and flour 2 9" cake pans. Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk or sour milk, oil and vanilla.
- beat at medim speed for 2 minutes. DO NOT OVER BEAT. (Batter will be thin. Divide evenly between 2 prepared cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Cake is done when center springs back when lightly pressed on.
- Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Remove from pans and allow layers to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost with Soft Chocolate Frosting for Black Magic Cake or use any other that you may prefer.
- Note: To sour milk: use 1 Tablespoon vinegar plus enough milk to equal 1 cup. Let it stand for about 5 minutes and it will be ready to use in any baking recipe that calls for buttermilk.