Black Forest Sundae Cake
Over the years, I started adding a little fudge, topped it with my own fluffy frosting & maraschino cherries. We renamed it as it looks more like a sundae than a cake. Very decedant, and oh so good!
- 1 box
- cake mix, chocolate fudge
- 1/2 jar(s)
- hot fudge sundae sauce
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk- 5 oz
- 2 can(s)
- cherry pie filling
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese- softened
- carton cool whip
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 jar(s)
- maraschino cherries-drained
How to Make Black Forest Sundae Cake
- 1Mix chocolate cake mix as directed on the box. Set aside.
Grease 9 x 13" cake pan. Spread cherry pie filling onto bottom of pan.
- 2Pour prepared cake mix over the cherries. Bake as directed.
In the meantime, pour sweetened milk and hot fudge sauce into small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until well blended. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 3When cake is done and competely cooled; using the end of a wooden spoon poke holes randomly through cake. Do not go through to the bottom. Just about half deep. Spread chocolate sauce over cake and into the holes.
Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 4Meanwhile, beat softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in coolwhip until well blended.
Frost cake with cream cheese mixture. Cut and garnish each square peice with a Maraschino cherry.
- 5Keep cake refrigerated.
It very sweet, gooey and good!