Betty's Super Moist "Aussie" Tropical Cake
This is an heirloom recipe from my family from the early 1900's. A low rising cake speckled with pineapple. Cool and serve from the tin as removing it always ends badly. The easiest cake recipe I probably own.
Serve with ice-cream if enjoying warm for dessert, or with a lemon creamed cheese frosting for cold.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 x 16 ounce (450g) tin of crushed pineapple, well drained
·1 1/2 cups self raising flour
·2/3 cups sugar
·1/2 cup sour cream
·1/2 cup butter, melted
How to Make Betty's Super Moist "Aussie" Tropical Cake
- Pre-heat your oven to 375oF/180oC. Grease and line a large brownie style (lamington style) baking tray - 11x7" (18x28 cm).
- Place all the ingredients, except the pineapple, into a large bowl and beat.
- Add the pineapple and stir through.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 -35 minutes.
- Place the tin on a wire rack and allow the cake to cool in the tin completely -or serve warm with ice-cream as a dessert.
- If serving cold, I like to top with a lemon creamed cheese frosting but is also wonderful with a sprinkling of confection (icing) sugar.
- Do not serve piping hot as the pineapple will burn the roof of your mouth.