Betty's Moist Blueberry and Yogurt Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1/2 cup butter, softened
·1 cup super fine (caster) sugar
·1 tablespoon vanilla
·1 cup self raising flour
·1 cup flour
·3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
·1 cup frozen blueberries - do not thaw
·1/3 cup slithered almonds
·2 tablespoons raw sugar
How to Make Betty's Moist Blueberry and Yogurt Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 375oF/180oC and grease an 8 inch (20 cm) SPRING-FORM cake tin. Line the base with baking paper.
- In a medium sized bowl beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift half the flour and fold through, add 1/2 the yogurt and fold though. Repeat with remaining flour and yogurt.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Carefully sprinkle with the blueberries and use a WET hand to gently press them in a little. Sprinkle over the almonds and use a WET hand to gently press them in on top of the blueberries. Finally sprinkle with the raw sugar.
- Pop in the oven and and bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with tin foil and bake for another 15 -20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. The foil prevents over browning and burning the sugar and almond topping.
- Remove from the oven, take off the foil and stand for 10 minutes in a wire rack. Carefully remove the cake from the tin and cool completely.