Best Ever Carrot Cake
1 3/4 csugar
1 1/4 cvegetable oil
2 1/2 ccake flour
2 tspbaking powder
2 tspbaking soda
2 tspcinnamon, ground
3 cfinely grated carrots
1/2 cchopped nuts (optional)
How to Make Best Ever Carrot Cake
- 1. Cream sugar and oil until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time and cream well.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Add to first mixture.
5. Fold in grated carrots (and ½ cup chopped nuts, if desired).
6. Pour into three 9-inch or four 8-inch layer-cake pans or into a 9x13 pan.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes or until done.
8. Frost as desired. (I usually do a Cream Cheese Frosting.)