Banana Spice Snack Cake
1/2 cunsalted butter, softened
3/4 clight brown sugar, packed
1 tspvanilla extract
2ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspground cloves
1/4 tspground nutmeg
How to Make Banana Spice Snack Cake
- Preheat oven to 350℉ (180℃). Coat a 8-inch round or square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg, buttermilk, vanilla, and mashed banana until blended.
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients and spices.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until moistened. Do not overbeat.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden skewer poked into middle of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for about 20 minutes. Can be left in pan or inverted onto cake plate.
Can be frosted, but I serve it plain, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or a dollop of vanilla yogurt or drizzle of caramel ice cream topping.