Banana Cake Roll
How to Make Banana Cake Roll
- 1Beat egg yolks till thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in 3 tablespoons of sugar substitute. Add vanilla.
- 2Beat egg whites to soft peaks. gradually beat in remaining sugar substitute until soft peaks form. Fold yolks into egg whites.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Fold into egg mixture.
- 4Spread batter into 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch jelly roll pan.(coated with vegetable spray and lightly floured) Bake at 375 for 10 to 15 minutes or until done.
- 5Loosesn sides and turn out on towel lightly sprinkled with flour and sugar substitute mixture. Roll up cake and towel from narrow end. Cool completely and unroll. Spread evenly with prepared banana pudding. Roll up and frost with chocolate drizzle.
- 6Chocolate drizzle: Blend 2 teas, cornstarch, and 1/4 cup cold water. Pour into small saucepan. Add dash of salt and 1 oz unsweetened chocolate. Cook on low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is thick. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/3 cup sugar substitute. Blend in 1/2 teas. butter.
- 7Exchanges per serving:
calories per serving: 62