Bahamas - Coconut Mango Cheesecake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1stick), melted
- 4 pk cream cheese (8oz) room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar room temperature
- 3 large eggs, 1 large egg yolk
- 15 oz cream of coconut canned (available in liquor dept of most supermarkets)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 large fresh mangos (i use raspberry coulis if mango is out of season!)
How to Make Bahamas - Coconut Mango Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 325F.
- 2For crust:
Wrap outside of 9 inch diameter spring form pan with 2 3/4 high sides with foil.
Mix graham cracker crumbs, coconut and sugar in medium bowl. Add butter and mix to blend.
Press mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
Chill while preparing filling.
- 3For filling:
Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl until blended.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
Beat in egg yolk.
Add cream of coconut, whipping cream and shredded coconut; beat until just blended.
Pour into crust.
- 4Bake cheesecake until puffed and golden, about 1 hour, 25 minutes.
Transfer to rack; cool completely.
Refrigerate until well chilled
(Can be made one day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
Puree 1/4 of mango slices in blender until smooth. Transfer to small bowl.
Sweeten to taste with sugar, if desired.
Using small knife, cut around cheesecake to loosen. Remove pan sides.
Arrange mango slices on cheesecake and drizzle with puree.