Awesome Orange Refrigerator Cake-Diabetic Friendly
1 box1 (18.25-ounce) package orange cake mix or sugar-free yellow cake mix
1 box(4-serv. ) sugar free orange jell-o (dry)
1/2 cvegetable or canola oil
1 corange juice (non-concentrated) (i use 'simply orange').
4 ozwhipped cream cheese, softened
1 pkg(4-serv.) sugar-free/fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix, (dry)
1 ccrushed pineapple in 100% juice (drained)
3/4 corange juice, non-concentrated ('simply-orange')
1-8 oz. pkgfrozen whipped topping (lite), thawed
2 cmandarin oranges (drained well), divided (1 c. for garnish, optional)
How to Make Awesome Orange Refrigerator Cake-Diabetic Friendly
- * Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
* Coat a 9 x 13 x2-inch cake pan with cooking spray. (Bakers' Secret).
* In a large mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, dry jell-o mix, eggs, oil, orange juice and water until well blended.
* Pour into prepared cake pan.
* Bake about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. * Remove from oven and let cool.
** Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, make frosting by beating cream cheese and orange juice.
*Add pudding mix and sugar; beat well.
* Stir in pineapple and mandarin oranges until well combined then fold in whipped topping.
* Frost cooled cake, cover loosely, and chill at least one hour before serving.
**Store leftovers in refrigerator in covered container.
*If you'd like, just before serving, decorate your cake with 1 cup canned mandarin oranges that have been well drained.