I love to make cakes and take them to social functions. I especially like cakes that are easy such as those that start with a cake mix. I am diabetic(and have a sweet tooth so I am always experimenting, trying to "invent" cakes and other desserts that are "diabetic-friendly")...
1* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
* Coat a 9 x 13 x2-inch cake pan with cooking spray. (Bakers' Secret).
* In a large mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, dry jell-o mix, eggs, oil, orange juice and water until well blended.
* Pour into prepared cake pan.
* Bake about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. * Remove from oven and let cool.
** Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, make frosting by beating cream cheese and orange juice.
*Add pudding mix and sugar; beat well.
* Stir in pineapple and mandarin oranges until well combined then fold in whipped topping.
* Frost cooled cake, cover loosely, and chill at least one hour before serving.
**Store leftovers in refrigerator in covered container.
*If you'd like, just before serving, decorate your cake with 1 cup canned mandarin oranges that have been well drained.