Autumn Surprise Cake
2 ccored and chopped unpeeled apples
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 largeegg, beaten
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cchopped pecans
1/2 cflaked coconut
How to Make Autumn Surprise Cake
- Mix apples and sugar, let stand for about 40 minutes. I used Jonathan apples.
- Stir apples occasionally to make a syrup.
- Sift flour, soda and salt together and add to apples, stirring to mix with spatula.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir with spatula to mix. Bake in a greased and floured 9x9x2-inch pan.
- Bake at 325° for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Frost with caramel frosting.
- I usually double the recipe and place in a 9x13-inch pan. Adjust cooking time.
- Very moist cake and easy to make...especially since you don't have to peel the apples.