Aunt Laura's Orange Jello Cake
- 1 pkg
- orange cake mix (no pudding in it) can sub lemon cake mix plus 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 3 oz
- package orange jello
- 3/4 c
- cooking oil
- 1 c
- 1 c
- powdered confectioners sugar
- 1/3 c
- orange juice
- 1 Tbsp
- grand marnier (optional)
How to Make Aunt Laura's Orange Jello Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Generously spray a 9 x 13 or 9 x 15 glass pan with cooking spray
- 2Mix all ingredients except those for the glaze until well moistened. Beat two to three minutes at medium speed.
- 3Bake 40 to 50 minutes
- 4While cake is baking, prepare glaze by thoroughly mixing the orange juice, powdered sugar and Grand Marnier if desired.
- 5As soon s cake is removed from oven, prick entire cake with large fork, thrusting through to the bottom.
Immediately spoon the glaze over the hot cake.
- 6(Cake may be frozen)
(Can sub in other types of jello, sugar free jello and lemon or lime juice to compliment the flavor you select ~)