Aunt Esther's Favorite Cake
1 1/2 cflour
1/3 ccocoa powder
1 tspbaking soda
5 Tbspmelted shortening (oil, ok)
1 cwarm water
·cool whip frosting
·or 10x sugar and a paper doily
How to Make Aunt Esther's Favorite Cake
- Use one pan (8X8) ungreased, the pan in which you are going to bake the cake .
- Sift into pan the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Add the vinegar, vanilla and melted shortening.
- Pour warm water over all.
- Beat well, using a fork to clean the corners of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until cake springs back or toothpick is clean.
- Let cake cool and then frost or use the 10x and the doily.