Aphrodite's Vanilla Cake with Dragon Fruit Compote
How to Make Aphrodite's Vanilla Cake with Dragon Fruit Compote
- 1Prepare and bake the cake according to the directions on the package.
- 2While the cake is cooling, prepare the compote. Remove the flesh from inside of the dragon fruit until you have about 1/2 cup of fruit.
- 3Place the fruit in a shallow saucepan set to med. high heat. Add the lime juice, water and sugar. While the compote is heating, mash the fruit gently with a fork and stir frequently.
- 4As the mixture reaches the boiling point, the compote will begin to thicken slightly. Continue to stir for an additional minute and remove from heat.
- 5To serve, spoon the compote over the vanilla cake. Serve with additional pieces of dragon fruit and other fruit such as papya, if desired.