Angel Food Cake with Mountain Dew Glaze
Anthony Nicometi Jr
Sorry, forgot to take a picture after the glaze :(
- egg whites
- 1 c
- cake flour
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1/4 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
- Not Exact
- mountain dew
- Few small
- drops green food coloring (optional)
How to Make Angel Food Cake with Mountain Dew Glaze
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Be sure that your 10 inch tube pan is clean and dry. Any amount of oil or anything could cause the cake not to rise. Sift together the flour, and 3/4 cup of the sugar, set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, whip the egg whites along with the vanilla, cream of tartar and salt, to medium stiff peaks. Gradually add the remaining sugar while continuing to whip to stiff peaks.
- 3When the egg white mixture has reached its maximum volume, FOLD, DON'T MIX in the sifted ingredients gradually, one third at a time. DO NOT OVER MIX . Put the batter into the tube pan.
- 4Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake springs back when touched. Balance the tube pan upside down on the top of a bottle, to prevent decompression while cooling. When cool, run a knife around the edge of the pan and invert onto a plate.
- 5While the Cake cools, Mix together 3/4c Powdered Sugar, with enough Mountain Dew to form a glaze that will fall like a Ribbon when mixed together
- 6Pour Glaze over the cake, And Enjoy immediately :)