ANGEL FOOD CAKE
How to Make ANGEL FOOD CAKE
- 1Remove top oven rack. PREHEAT OVEN to 350 degrees. For best results Do not grease the pan. Make sure the bowl and utensils are grease free.
- 2Blend cake mix and water in a large bowl at low speed unti moistened ( about 30 seconds)
- 3Beat at medium speed for 1 minute. DO NOT OVER BEAT.
- 4Pour into ungreased 10-inch tube pan and bake immediately.
- 5Bake for 38 to 48 minutes. Check cake is done when top is golden brown and cracked, looks very dry and is firm to the touch. DO NOT UNDER BAKE
- 6Hang pan upside down on heat-proof glass bottle that has a long neck to it that will fit in the hole in center of tube pan. until completely cool, about 1 1/2 hours. (My pan has 4 tabs that sticks up about an inch above the pan, & I just turn it upside down on my bar.)
- 7Loosen edges carefully with flat knife or spatula to remove cake. Loosen around the tube in the middle too. When I turn my cake out, I flip it back over, I like for the top to be showing. The cake will cut better, if you have a knife that is scalloped. You have to cut an angel food very gentle.