Amazing Chocolate Coconut-Pecan Bars
- 2/3 c
- butter or margarine, softened
- 1 pkg
- chocolate cake mix (i used duncan hines dark fudge)
- 1 c
- (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- tub coconut-pecan ready-to-spread frosting
- 1/4 c
How to Make Amazing Chocolate Coconut-Pecan Bars
- 1Heat oven to 350°. Lightly grease rectangular pan, 13” X 9” X 2”.
- 2Cut margarine into cake mix in medium bowl, using pastry blender or fork. Press half of the mixture in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked layer; drop frosting by tablespoonfuls over chocolate chips.
- 4Stir milk into remaining cake mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto frosting layer.
- 5Swirl the frosting and the cake mix blobs together with using a light hand and a knife.
- 6Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake portion is slightly dry to touch; cool completely.
- 7Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars (8 rows by 6 rows).
- 8Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.