Almond Chocolate Joy Cake
- the cake you see in the pic is a great recipe i pinched...i just added one extra egg to that recipe to make my cake fuller and tall. you can use any chocolate cake recipe or ready box made mix you want. i use gf king arthur ch cake mix now.
- about a hand full of almonds
- 3/4 c
- moist shredded coconut
- for the frosting
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1/4 c
- semi sweet dark chocolate chips , melted and then cooled
- 3 c
- powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 tsp
- almond extract
How to Make Almond Chocolate Joy Cake
- 2Choclate chips- melt in a small pan and set aside to cool.
- 3Powder sugar, butter, almond extract, coconut milk- place powder suger in a mixing bowl add soften butter and mix with beaters on med speed. Then add almond extract and coconut milk and mix well. Add your cooled melted chocolate and mix well.
( if frosting is to thick add 1 T of milk at a time until just right or if frosting is to thin add 2 T of powder sugar at a time until just right )
- 4When cake is completely cool, frost with chocolate icing. Add about half of the shredded coconut to the first layer after you frost it. Then place the other cake on top and frost it as well and add remainder of the shredded coconut and add a few almonds to the top of the cake.
If you like you can chop the almonds add them to the first and or the second layer cake after frosting.