Almond Cherry Coffeecake
- 1 c
- real butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- almond paste
- 3 large
- 8 oz
- dairy sour cream
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- sliced almonds, divided
- 12 oz
- jar cherry preserves, divided
- 1 small
- prepared vanilla snack pudding cup
How to Make Almond Cherry Coffeecake
- 1In a large bowl, cream the butter,almond paste and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth and fluffy. On low speed of mixer, blend in sour cream and extract.
- 2Combine flour. baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix just until combined.
Sprinkle 1/2 the almonds in a sprayed and floured 10-inch tube or bundt pan.
Spread 1/2 of batter over nuts. Carefully spoon 1/2 of the preserves over batter, keeping preserves away from edges of pan.
Spoon vanilla pudding over preserves in center only.
- 3Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Spoon on remaining batter; add remaining preserves to center of batter.
Bake at 350^ for 50-60 minutes.
Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Invert cake onto serving plate; cool completely.