Adults-Only Mudslide Poke Cake
- 1 box
- chocolate cake mix- replace the water with a strong brewed coffee
- 4 oz
- dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp
- bailey’s irish liquor.
- 1 pkg
- instant chocolate pudding (3.4 0z)
- 2 c
- 1 pkg
- nstant chocolate pudding (3.4 0z)
- 1 1/2 c
- shots bailey irish liquor (2 oz bottle)
- shots khalua liquor (2 oz bottle)
- container cool whip
- chocolate shavings (optional)
How to Make Adults-Only Mudslide Poke Cake
- 1Bake the cake according to the instruction on the box in a 9x13” pan. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. While your cake is cooling, prepare your ganache. In a heat proof bowl, combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Place on top of a pot of simmering water on medium high heat. Allow the chocolate to begin to melt and stir with a whisk to combine.
- 2Whisk until chocolate and cream are completely melted and mixed together. Remove from heat and immediately whisk in 1 tablespoon of Baileys liquor. Drizzle the ganache over top of the cake. In a separate bowl, combine the instant chocolate pudding and milk together.
- 3Whisk until well combined. Before the pudding sets, while it is still pourable, dump the pudding over top of the cake and spread with a spatula if
necessary.Allow the pudding and cake to set in the fridge for at least an hour. In the meantime,Take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake. you can prepare your mousse.
- 4MOUSSE: In a medium sized bowl, combine the chocolate pudding mix with the milk and liquors. Whisk together until combined. Put in the fridge to set while your cake is setting as well.
- 5Once your cake is ready, remove the mousse from the fridge. Use a spatula to fold in an entire container of cool whip. Spread the mousse over top of cake. I topped the cake with additional chocolate shavings.