☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 8 oz
- quality bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c
How to Make Adult Chocolate Cake (Flourless)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a cake pan (8 1/4" X 1 1/2" deep and in diameter).
- 2Break the chocolate into a large bowl.
Set over a sauce pan of barely simmering water until melted.
Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 3Cut the butter into little pieces and beat into the chocolate.
- 4Add the sugar and blend well, beating thoroughly.
- 5In another bowl, beat the eggs until frothy and foamy, then gently fold into the chocolate mixture; make sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- 6Pour the mixture into the cake pan and place in a bain marie (roasting pan containing enough water to come up to 1 inch of the cake pan's side).
- 7Bake for 1 hour, then let it cool completely in the pan. When cool remove from the bain marie and refrigerate overnight.
- 8When ready to eat, run a thin metal spatula around the edge of the pan and with a thump unmold the cake.