A DOUBLE DUTY DECADENT CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE
- 1 lb
- butter, salted
- 1 lb
- semi sweet chocolate
- 6 oz
- unsweetened chocolate
- 7 large
- 3 Tbsp
- instant coffee powder
- 2 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 21/4 c
- 11/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 pkg
- chocolate chips, mini (to surround truffle with)
- 15 large
- mini decadent cakes (rounds or squared) see below
MAKE BROWNIES A DAY AHEAD AND REFRIDGERATE (HERE IS THE BROWNIE RECIPE)
DECADENT CHOCOLATE CAKE, USE YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE OR STORE BOUGHT
WILL POST A DECADENT CHOCOLATE RECIPE SOON!
How to Make A DOUBLE DUTY DECADENT CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Prepare and spray your baking sheet with baking spray and flour it a little to prevent it from sticking
- 3Melt together the butter, 1 pound of chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl over simmering water. Allow to cool slightly. In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, coffee granules, vanilla, and sugar. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature
- 4In a medium bowl, sift together 1 cup of flour and the baking powder. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture. Pour into the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes
- 5allow brownies to cool overnight in a refrigerator and dice them neatly the next morning when they are firm.
- 6Now take your decadent chocolate cake and cut them out with a mini square or round cookie cutter.
- 7Melt the chocolate 1 package chocolate chips and pour over decadent chocolate cakes on a wire rack. Be sure to place something under the wire rack to prevent it from creating a mess on your counter.
- 8Arrange on the cakes the brownies on the cake and refrigerate for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes take them out and pour more melted chocolate over them.
Allow them to sit on the counter for a while and surround them with more chocolate chips if you like and the refrigerate again before you serve.
- 9OPTIONAL: I drizzled white chocolate over it to garnish it.