1944 Bake Off Winner Rhubarb Custard Bars
If you have an abundance of rhubarb, you have to give this a try. Anything that is still being passed around from 1944 just has to be good!
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 stick
- butter, room temperature
- 1 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 4 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp
- 4-5 c
- rhubarb, cut into small pieces
- cool whip or whipped cream, optional
How to Make 1944 Bake Off Winner Rhubarb Custard Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
Blend flour and sugar together. Cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- 3Press crust into pan. Bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden.
In large mixing bowl, blend sugar and flour and then eggs, vanilla and rhubarb. Mix well.
- 5Pour mixture over partially baked crust and continue baking for 30-35 minutes being careful not to over bake.
- 6Top with powdered sugar, whipped topping or ice cream just before serving.
****Because this is a custard, be sure to refrigerate any leftovers.