Serving size: one waffle
Fat: 4 g
Protein: 5 g
Carbs: 24 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 3 g
- large sweet potato
- 1 tsp
How to Make Paleo Waffles
- 1Preheat a waffle iron.
- 2Spiralize sweet potatoes or cut to small cubes or strips. Add to a skillet with a little water and cook until tender, stirring frequently (about 7 to 10 minutes).
- 3While the sweet potato noodles are cooking, use a cheese grater to grate the apple.
- 4Add the grated apples to a medium-sized bowl. Add the cooked sweet potatoes, cinnamon, and the egg. Toss until combined.
- 5Spray the hot waffle iron with all-natural cooking spray or brush with coconut oil. Add half of the sweet potato mixture. Cook the waffles until the sweet potatoes are golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6Repeat with remaining mixture to make a second waffle. Serve immediately. Suggestion: top with coconut cream and ground almonds or ground hazelnuts