Red Velvet Pancakes
2 cwhole wheat flour
2 tspbaking powder
2 Tbspcocoa powder
1/4 cbrown sugar
1(8.8 oz.) pkglove beets, minced
1 cwhole milk
2 Tbspmelted bbutter
·powdered sugar or maple syrup for garnish (optional)
How to Make Red Velvet Pancakes
- preheat griddle to medium high.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In a blender, combine beets and milk. Process until smooth.
- Pour the beet mixture into the bowl with the egg mixture and combine.
- Next, transfer all the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix just until incorporated.
- Grease the griddle with butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with maple syrup if desired. (Or as my daughter prefers, both.)