Red Velvet Pancakes
- 2 c
- whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 Tbsp
- cocoa powder
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp
- 1(8.8 oz.) pkg
- love beets, minced
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 2 Tbsp
- melted bbutter
- powdered sugar or maple syrup for garnish (optional)
How to Make Red Velvet Pancakes
- 1preheat griddle to medium high.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- 3In a small bowl, combine sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- 4In a blender, combine beets and milk. Process until smooth.
- 5Pour the beet mixture into the bowl with the egg mixture and combine.
- 6Next, transfer all the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix just until incorporated.
- 7Grease the griddle with butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 8Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with maple syrup if desired. (Or as my daughter prefers, both.)