Quinoa Oat Pancakes
Note: I've described exactly what I did, but I'm a big believer in intuitive cooking. Use your level of experience to make this recipe your own.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 large
- 1/4 c
- plain yogurt
- 1 c
- quinoa (prepared and cooled)
- 1 c
- minute rolled oats (dry)
- 1 c
- buttermilk pancake mix (dry)
- almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1-2 tsp
- minced or slivered sweet onion
- 1-2 pinch
- sea salt
- cooking spray
How to Make Quinoa Oat Pancakes
- 1In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg and yogurt together.
- 2Add grains and mix.
- 3Add pancake mix, salt, and onion. Stir in enough almond milk to make batter thick but pourable.
- 4Heat a skillet (with a [clear] lid) to medium. Add cooking spray right before adding batter.
- 5Using a 1/4-1/3 C scoop, add batter to skillet and spread to 4" round. Cover and cook about 1 minute, or until edges are set. Turn and cook another minute or so.
- 6Spray skillet as needed between pancakes. Keep pancakes warm until ready to serve.
- 7Serve with butter, mixed fruit, and/or syrup.