Potato Pancakes - Kartoffelpletter
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/4 lb
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- rye flour
- 1 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- egg whites, beaten until frothy
How to Make Potato Pancakes - Kartoffelpletter
- 1Cook the potatoes in their jackets, in a pot of boiling water, until just tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- 2Peel potatoes, add salt and mash while warm.
- 3Work the flours into the mashed potatoes, a little at a time with egg whites. Knead the dough well. (You may have to use more or less flour).
- 4Divide dough into eight pieces and roll each piece on a lightly floured board into a thin round cake.
- 5Cook on both sides on a greased griddle over medium-low heat until done. Watch them closely to keep them from burning.
- 6Serve with toppings of your choice.