Potato Pancakes - Kartoffelpletter
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/4 lbpotatoes
1 crye flour
1 1/4 call purpose flour
2egg whites, beaten until frothy
How to Make Potato Pancakes - Kartoffelpletter
- Cook the potatoes in their jackets, in a pot of boiling water, until just tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Peel potatoes, add salt and mash while warm.
- Work the flours into the mashed potatoes, a little at a time with egg whites. Knead the dough well. (You may have to use more or less flour).
- Divide dough into eight pieces and roll each piece on a lightly floured board into a thin round cake.
- Cook on both sides on a greased griddle over medium-low heat until done. Watch them closely to keep them from burning.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.