Croatian Cheese Palachinkas
How to Make Croatian Cheese Palachinkas
- Batter: Beat eggs and sugar together, add salt.
- Add 1 cup of flour alternating with milk until you use all, then add butter mixing well..
- Using a dipper, fry each Palachinka in a hot 7-8" skillet. Tilt the skillet covering the bottom until batter is evenly distributed. I get appx. 20 Palachinkas with this recipe. Fry till just dry on the top and turn over and fry for another 30 seconds. Stack them on a plate.
- When all done frying them, put 2 heaping tablespoons of filling on each, roll up and put side by side in a 9x13" pan.
- Filling: Mix cottage cheese with cup sugar, add 2 beaten eggs, dash salt, melted butter and vanilla. I stir well with a fork.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of filling onto each palachinka and roll up, place side by side in a 9x13" pan. Spread with sour cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake in a 350* oven for 30 minutes. When done you can serve with fruit, applesauce or eat them just as is.
- Note: you can make the palachinkas and fill with cream cheese whipped with powder sugar to taste, then put pie filling or homemade fruit sauce on top.