1 1/2 cflour **sift before measuring
1 3/4 tspdouble acting baking powder
3 Tbspmelted butter
1 1/4 cmilk
1 can(s)cherry pie filling
·powdered sugar (optional)
How to Make Cherry-Vanilla Pancakes
- Sift the flour before measuring.
- resift the flour with salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Lightly beat the egg.
- Add the milk, butter, vanilla and egg to the flour mixture/
- Stir only until blended. Do not over mix.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. (Or if you prefer you can lightly oil or use melted butter.)
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter into griddle or skillet for each pancake.
- Let cook until bubbles form. Then flip the pancake carefully.
- Cook other side until pancake is done.
- To serve, stack the pancakes on a plate. Spoon cherry pie filling over the top of the pancakes. Add whipped cream on the top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.Serve immediately.