1 cfresh buttermilk (more if you like them thin!)
2 Tbspvegetable oil + extra for griddle
1 ca.p. flour
1 Tbspgranulated sugar
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
How to Make Buttermilk Pancakes - Langel Family Recipe
- Blend egg, buttermilk, and vegetable oil in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients (baking powder, salt, baking soda, flour, sugar.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. With a wire whip gently combine all ingredients - just until moistened (Batter will be slightly lumpy.)
- Set aside to rest a few minutes. Use a little vegetable oil to lightly grease griddle. Heat griddle to around 330*. (P. cakes will cook a little slow at this temperature. They will become a light golden brown and will be cooked all the way through at this temperature.)
- Pour or ladle batter on hot surface, flip once when underside is brown.
- Note: We prefer very thin pancakes, so we use extra buttermilk.