Betty's Maple Flavoured Pancakes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1/3 cup maple syrup
·2/3 cup butter, softened
·2 cups self raising flour
·1 teaspoon baking powder
·1 teaspoon cinnamon
·2 cups buttermilk
·1 teaspoon vanilla
·2 tablespoons butter for cooking
How to Make Betty's Maple Flavoured Pancakes
- Using a food processor, blitz the butter and maple syrup together so it's well mixed. Add in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon but don't turn on.
- In large jug, whisk the eggs, vanilla and buttermilk together. Pour over the flour mix and now blitz until you have a smooth batter.
- Set the batter aside for 10 minutes - don't miss this step. Batter to this stage can be refrigerated for a few hours or even overnight ready for cooking the next day.
- When you're ready, heat a large fry pan over a medium heat (not too hot or they will burn on the outside and be raw in the middle).
- Add a small amount of the extra butter and carefully pour enough batter to make a 4-5inch (10-12 cm) pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear. Carefully flip and cook on the other side for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat the process until all the batter is used and you have a lovely stack of pancakes.