Whole Wheat Pancakes
The applesauce can be substituted for butter, bringing the total butter amount to 3 Tablespoons. I use the applesauce as another little calorie reducing option, but it isn't strictly necessary.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 call purpose flour
3/4 cwhole wheat flour
3 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tspsalt (i frequently use only 1/2 tsp to cut sodium)
1 Tbspwhite sugar (alternative sweeteners are viable options for this--sweeten to taste)
1 1/4 cmilk
1 1/2 Tbspbutter (or vegetable oil/shortening)
1 1/2 Tbspapplesauce
How to Make Whole Wheat Pancakes
- In a large bowl, sift together flour(s), baking powder, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour liquid ingredients into well of dry ingredients.
- Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled grittle over meduim/medium-low heat.
- Pour or scoop batter onto griddle in roughly 1/4 cup increments.
- Brown on both sides and serve.